Special Olympics would not exist today without the time, energy, commitment, and enthusiasm of people just like you, thousands of individuals who choose to take a little time from busy schedules to make the world a better place.
Who can volunteer?
You don’t need a sport background to volunteer with Comox Valley Special Olympics. All you need is enthusiasm for helping empower people with intellectual disabilities through sport.
Why volunteer with Special Olympics Comox Valley?
There are many reasons to get involved, and many benefits, including:
- Building friendships and networking connections
- Developing new skills for personal and professional development
- Gaining volunteer hours for school programs
- Getting involved with your community
- Sharing your love of sport
- And, most of all, experiencing the joy of working with our athletes!
What volunteer opportunities are available?
Whether you can give a few hours at an event or want to get involved weekly, we have a position for you. We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the following position(s):
- Head Coach - 5 Pin Bowling (Saturdays 10:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Head Coach - FUNdamentals (Saturdays 10:00 am - 11:00 am)
- Head Coach - Rhythmic Gymnastics (Wednesdays - Time TBD)
- Ass't Coach - Rhythmic Gymnastics (Wednesdays - Time TBD)
- Head Coach - Bocce (Spring 2022)
- Head Coach - Golf (Spring 2022)
To apply - please contact:
- Randy James, Local Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Apply via the following LINK